I heard this said once, that the difference between a leader and a follower, is that a follower is somebody who never moves unless he’s put under pressure. We’ve all been there…waiting to study for the final the night before the test. Yep, that was me.
The problem for must of us is not that we don’t know what we could be doing, or what we should be doing. Usually that’s pretty clear. The issue is just getting started. You know what you want to do or who you want to be. You know what God wants you to do or who God wants you to be. The problem is we never go beyond “someday.” Most people never really change in life until they get desperate.
- Go on a diet and live healthier
- Read that book
- Take that class
- Apologize for what happened
- Spend more time with my family
- Reach out to my friends
- Volunteer more at church
- Commit my life to Christ
- Less talk, more rock! Stop talking and make a decision. Be accountable, tell somebody you trust (like your wife or husband, who I’m sure will be happy to remind you!).
- Set a deadline. Write it down. Put it on your fridge. Shave it on your dog. 🙂 Set up a plan and put it in your schedule. If you don’t have a deadline, you’ll just keep putting it off further and further back.
- Don’t let a bad day ruin you. Bad days happen, so don’t let it derail you. It’s all about the attitude.